It’s been a while since I’ve written here regularly, quite sad (though over the span of this 20+ year blog, perhaps even years is just a small life hiatus). Not like I haven’t been writing, but all too often, I end up worrying too much about making it readable and transition to private journaling instead where I don’t need to worry about it.
Thankfully, I’m not trying to sell a subscription, please advertisers, or run for high office, so at least for now, you’d think I’d I can say what I want, right? Alas, this hasn’t been true, perhaps ever, for me. Self-censorship has only gotten stronger it seems, as folks retreat to their curated social media lives on other platforms.
So, in the spirit of solving this problem, starting with this post, I’m just going to post more this year. Yes, there will be more rambly posts like this one but they will serve my core goals, they being:
- Practice, experiment, and grow my online voice
- Have fun expressing, writing, sharing thoughts in long form
- Express thoughts worth discussing
- Re-build a modern personal blog network
- At the end of the year (and at intervals throughout), reflect and determine what to do for 2024
Monthy posting is my cadence goal for now–no specific interval, topic, or agenda. I assume if you’re here and have read this far, you’re here because you want to know what I have to say. So–thank you, dear readership!